Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Stereotype and the ethics of representation

For this week's assignment I read Stuck Rubber Baby by Hoard Cruse. I didnt know there was going to be so much in one comic! it burned through a lot of heavy topics. I really enjoyed how real it felt, i really got drawn into the story and the problems everyone was facing. The style was great, i cannot even imagine how long it must have taken the artist to do all this work. it looks like a mix of traditional pen and ink line work with ALOT of stippling. I liked Toland as a character. he stood up for what he believed in and I really liked that about him. I wonder why he chose to makke all the characters look manly tho. the women were very burly and had big jaws and a lot of girth. At times the men were drawn prettier than the women! It was different and I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment